At the Comprehensive Wound Healing Center at UNC Health Blue Ridge–Valdese, our professional staff provides the most advanced treatment available, including hyperbaric oxygen therapy for serious, chronic wounds. Our nationally recognized approach helps speed recovery so you can return to the activities you love. We’ll work with your personal doctor to create a treatment program just for you.
Our team of professionals includes:
- Physicians with advanced training in wound management
- Staff trained in the care of chronic wounds
- Technicians who perform non-invasive studies and various therapies
- Staff to assist with appointments, medical records and health insurance processing
Your wound care treatment may include:
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- Infectious disease management
- Nutritional management
- Physical therapy
- Pain management
- Vascular evaluation
- Laboratory evaluation
- Diabetic education
- Nuclear medicine
An area of particular interest and success at the Comprehensive Wound Healing Center is in the treatment of infections involving bones or tendons. Using a combination treatments including hyperbaric oxygen therapy and FDA-approved Manuka Honey, many of these hard to heal wounds have gotten better.
For more information or to make an appointment, call the Comprehensive Wound Healing Center at 828-580-7563.