Our Women's Health team offers expertise across all gynecological services, including general gynecology, wellness exams, menopause treatments, management of urinary incontinence and the latest in contraception.
Learn more about our services below:
Preventive Care for Women
Our Women’s Health team is committed to preventive care for women. Services include:
- First-time gynecology appointments and annual wellness check-ups
- Breast health: exams, referrals for digital mammography and 3D mammography
- Pap smear screening and abnormal results treatment
- Well woman exams
Annual Wellness Exam
Your annual health assessment incorporates screenings, evaluation and counseling, including a detailed review of family history and how it may impact your health risks. We’ll also inquire about your emotional and sexual health, family planning, hormonal challenges, and more.
A physical examination is a key part of this annual visit, which will vary depending on each patient’s age and risk factors. Typically, this exam includes obtaining standard vital signs, determining your body mass index and conducting a complete physical exam with both pelvic and clinical breast examinations. We’ll also recommend immunizations based on your age and risk factors.
Schedule your appointment today: 828-580-4341
Contraception and Family Planning
Our gynecology services include comprehensive family planning, from counseling and contraceptives to obstetrics.
- Contraceptive counseling and management
- Contraceptive implant (Nexplanon)
- IUDs – Mirena, Skyla, and Paragard, Kyleena, Lilettta
- Preconception counseling
Starting or growing your family? Learn about our Maternity Care.
Sexual & Emotional Health
We’ll help you manage any changes or ongoing concerns including services for:
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding and heavy periods
- Decreased libido (sex drive) in women
- Menopause management and hormone therapy
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
- Post-menopause bleeding
- Sexually transmitted disease (STD) testing, prevention and treatment
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) testing, prevention and treatment
Women’s pelvic health can have a significant impact on quality of life. Our Women’s Health team includes physicians, physician assistants and certified nurse midwives specialized in a wide range of pelvic health concerns including:
- Bladder infections
- Interstitial cystitis
- Ovarian cysts
- Pelvic pain – both acute and chronic
- Pelvic prolapse
- Urinary incontinence
- Vulvar skin changes
Pelvic Health Rehabilitation
Our physicians partner with Blue Ridge Therapy services to offer a nonsurgical approach to rehabilitation of dysfunctions in the pelvis that contribute to bowel, bladder, sexual health and pain complaints.
Physical/occupational therapy begins with an assessment of posture and structural alignment and may include the following treatment options:
- Therapeutic exercise to target muscle imbalances, weakness, postural influences and overworked muscles
- Manual therapy to release restricted muscles and scarring
- Biofeedback using internal or external sensors to display pelvic floor muscle activity to increase pelvic floor muscle awareness
- Electrical stimulation using a low-level current applied internally or externally to assist with pain, and reeducate weak muscles
- Patient education including diet, toileting habits, breathing/relaxation techniques and exercise
Surgical and Laparoscopic Expertise
Our skilled gynecological surgeons can resolve many gynecologic problems with laparoscopic – also known as minimally invasive – techniques that are remarkably patient-friendly. This means shorter hospital stays, a faster recovery and a safe return to the activities you enjoy.
We also provide advanced in-office surgery and other convenient services, including endometrial ablation for management of heavy periods. Our services include:
- In-office endometrial ablation
- Loop electrical excision procedure (LEEP
- Diagnostic and operative laparoscopy
- Laparoscopic tubal ligation
- Vaginal and laparoscopic hysterectomy
- Diagnostic and operative hysteroscopy
- Urinary incontinence sling (TVT)
Call us at 828-580-4341 to schedule an appointment at any of our locations.