Welcome to The Imaging Centers at UNC Health Blue Ridge
UNC Health Blue Ridge’s mammography patients have rated us in the top 5 percent in the country for satisfaction, comfort, timeliness and accuracy. All Breast Center locations are accredited by the American College of Radiology and use 3D mammograms as the standard high-quality technology for our friends and neighbors.
3D mammography is revolutionizing how breast cancer is detected by providing a clinically superior mammogram for you. Researchers have found that a 3D mammogram provides:
- 41 percent increase in the detection of invasive breast cancers
- 40 percent reduction in anxiety-provoking false-positive recalls
- Earlier cancer detection by up to 15 months
- Low radiation levels with no additional breast compression
- Scan completed in just a few seconds
- Recommended for all women who are due for a standard mammogram
- 3D Screening is covered by Medicare and most of private insurers
Learn much more about our Mammography Services
Schedule a Mammogram
Warm robes and roses make a difference at UNC Health Blue Ridge. Our patients love them and they love our staff. Real comments from real patients are:
- “I was treated like royalty.”
- “If there was a higher rating on the scale, I would have given it!”
- “Everyone goes out of their way to make sure you have a great experience.”
Mammography Mobile Unit
UNC Health Blue Ridge recently added a mobile mammography coach to provide 3D mammograms in Valdese and Marion. Most insurance plans now cover the cost of 3D.
We will provide confidential results to all patients and their primary care physician of choice. If additional images are needed to make an accurate diagnosis, we will personally contact the patient to discuss recommended next steps.