At UNC Health Blue Ridge, we have a track record of clinical excellence. A big part of that recognition is our dedication to keeping you safe across all care locations. We have safety measures across all locations – so you can feel confident and comfortable each time you visit us.
What does COVID-Safe care mean?
Here are some examples of what we’re doing to keep everyone safe.
- Coronavirus screenings – All patients are screened before their visit, and employees are screened every day.
- Rapid coronavirus testing – In addition to testing patients before procedures, our in-house lab achieves results up to 3 days faster than other local healthcare providers.
- Clean facilities – We work hard to fight germs with extensive cleaning and disinfectant protocols at every location.
- PPE for patients – All patients are offered appropriate personal protective equipment before visits, like face masks.
- Separate treatment areas and clinical teams – To protect them both, coronavirus and non-coronavirus patients are treated in separate areas.
- Virtual coronavirus hospital – We have the first-of-its-kind COVID-19 Virtual Hospital, which allows COVID-positive patients to receive care in the comfort of their own home.
- Leading by example – Our employees follow the latest best practices, including wearing the appropriate protective equipment and frequent handwashing.