Internal Medicine Resident Scholarship
UNC Health Blue Ridge Internal Medicine residents are involved in many scholarly activities. Since we are a ‘community hospital’ program, interested applicants often ask if we can provide the same academic opportunities as a university-based residency program. We can assure you there are numerous opportunities for participation in research and quality improvement projects for interested residents!
Many of our residents achieve publications during their residency training and all have opportunities to present their research, quality improvement work, or interesting clinical vignettes at regional and national meetings. Residents have easy access to research mentors and have support of our Resident Research committee.
In current and previous academic years, Internal Medicine residents have presented scholarly activity at the following meetings:
- National Association of Medicine & Psychiatry
- North Carolina American College of Physicians (ACP) Meeting
- National American College of Physicians (ACP) Meeting
- National Endocrine Society Meeting
- National American College of Gastroenterologists Meeting
- Local CHS Blue Ridge Quality & Research Day
- American College of Osteopathic Internists Annual Meeting
- Infectious Diseases Society of America Annual Meeting
- Society of General Internal Medicine Annual Meeting
- CHEST Annual Meeting