Geriatric Medicine Fellowship Salary and Benefits
Salary and benefits of the geriatric medicine fellow are listed below:
PGY-4 - $61,700
- UNC Health Blue Ridge Benefits - Medical, Dental, Prescription drug plan, and Vision insurance available (see UNC Health Blue Ridge Benefits at a Glance regarding plans, coverage, and premiums).
- Group life insurance; Short and long-term disability through UNC Health Blue Ridge (see UNC Health Blue Ridge Benefits at a Glance regarding plans, coverage, and premiums).
- Phifer Wellness Center: Discounted or free membership (dependent upon insurance plan selected).
- Tax deferred annuity (403b)
- Medical and daycare spending accounts available
- Employee Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Emergency Fund
- Scholarships and tuition assistance available
- Group discounts
- Banking services
- North Carolina Resident Training License Reimbursement
- $1,000 Moving Allowance Reimbursement (Incoming class only, reimbursed per IRS guidelines)
- BLS, ACLS, PALS Certifications provided on-site
- Appropriate Specialty Society dues reimbursement
- Medical Malpractice Insurance provided
- Resident lounge, call rooms, conference room, and library provided
- Through the Charlotte AHEC and VCOM’s electronic libraries, residents have access to a comprehensive array of both print and online resources to champion informational and educational needs.
Fellows are allowed a total of $1,700 for the academic year for scholarly activities.
Vacation / Time Off
- 20 vacation days to be used for personal time off, sickness/emergency, or interviews.
- Three (3) additional days are allowed to be used for board exam or poster presentations.
- Five (5) additional days are allowed to be used for CME at National Conferences.
- Total allowable time off is 28 days.
Two (2) lab coats and laundry service provided
Meal points are provided quarterly for use in the two hospital cafeterias
PGY-4 fellows are allowed to moonlight assuming program director and DIO approval of the activity
There is a popular in-house voluntary moonlighting opportunity available
Free covered and reserved parking for residents/fellows
- Departmental activities (e.g. picnics, dinners)
- Several team building activities throughout the academic year
- Resident retreat
- Formal graduation banquet